CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Can Fast Food Be Real Food?

Ever since my family made a commitment to cut out as many artificial ingredients as possible in our diets, we have eaten at restaurants, especially fast food restaurants less and less. We never ate a lot of fast food compared to most people, but we are trying to make better choices when we do eat outside of the house. I have to say though that we do eat at some places that we know aren't meeting our real food standards, but not too often.

I just came across this blog post by Food Babe on 100 Days of Real Food (2 bloggers I admire). Food Babe has done several investigations into what is actually in the food at some popular fast food restaurants. This one is about Subway.

Read At Your Own Risk: If you want to remain blissfully unaware of what is actually in the food at Subway do not click on the link.

Food Babe Investigates: Is Subway Real Food?

Now I've never been a fan of Subway or Port of Subs anyway, but I have eaten there on occasion and I know family has eaten there too. Now no one is going to drop dead instantly from eating at Subway, but the point of trying to avoid artificial and chemical ingredients is that we don't need these ingredients in our food (and they sure taste better without them). I personally can't imagine all of this artificial "food" is good for our bodies and what scares me are the long term effects of constant exposure. Be aware of what you are eating and decide what you want to do based on what you know.

I'm on the lookout for better choices when it is necessary to eat fast food. I'll keep you posted on what I find. Happy Eating!

0 comments:

Post a Comment