CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 6, 2012

Progress?

Okay so it's been nearly a month since I last posted. So have we gone back to the way we used to eat or have we been able to stick with it? I'm proud to say we've stuck with it. I don't think I can say we've made any big changes since last month, but we are continuing to eat as much real food as possible. We are by no means at our goal yet, but we are taking little steps.

So since last post:
  • I went through our recipe book to see if there were any recipes that needed to be ditched, but I was pleased to realize that 90% of our recipes count as real food and a few could use minor substitutions to make them totally really food.
  • I have been trying some new recipes with quinoa, fish, and granola.
  • I made the chocolate powerballs. Hubby really liked them. I'm not a huge dark chocolate fan so I'd eat them, but I did not love the super dark chocolate flavor. However my son loved them and I'd eat them so we were all getting the benefits of 100% cacao. It's amazing what dates do as a sweetener.
  • I've been reading like crazy and educating myself more on what to avoid and what to use as a substitute. I have so much to learn. I have found some fantastic blogs with great recipes and information on eating real food. Oh I wish I could blog like those ladies do. Maybe someday when I have more time and energy.
  • We've been enjoying our grass-fed beef from our co-op order. What a difference in taste.


Things to try in the near future:
  • Try to find more organic products at Costco. The Greenbacks Gal inspired me to scout out my Costco for yummy and healthy food.
  • I got a variety pack of Naked juice from Costco. Super yummy, but expensive. I need to look into juicing at home. Not sure if I'm ready for that yet. Need to read up on it more.
  • Try more new recipes and make good use of our basket ingredients. Maybe try to make some kale chips.
  • Try to find a bulk source of chicken like I did with the beef.
  • Read, read, read about real food lifestyles and share as much info as I can via this blog and Facebook.
  • Connect with other real food foodies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment